In 2014, people started celebrating Menstrual Hygiene Day to spread awareness about the importance of good menstrual hygiene. It is celebrated on May 28 and the date represents the standard menstrual cycle of 28 days. Moreover, the month of May represents the 5th month in the calendar, which signifies the 5 days of period. But of course, the representation of 5 and 28 days is based on an average calculation as different people have different cycles. The day tries to raise awareness about the social stigmas attached to menstruation as even today, in many parts of the country, menstruation or even talking about it is considered taboo.
To understand the importance of this day better, we have some amazing Menstrual Day Hygiene quotes that everyone should read. These quotes on menstrual hygiene try to create a world where every woman takes care of her menstrual hygiene without any hesitation or shame. Menstrual Hygiene Management includes the fact that everyone who has periods should have access to necessary and affordable menstrual hygiene materials. That includes tampons, sanitary pads, menstrual cups, sanitised places to change and dispose of used napkins. You would be shocked to know that around 500 million women around the globe lack access to basic menstrual hygiene management facilities. These menstrual hygiene quotes raise awareness among adolescent girls and serve as a reminder for those who think that getting periods is a disease.
Here are some of the most amazing World Menstrual Hygiene Day quotes to break the silence and remove the stigma attached to menstruation.
1. Menstruation is not a problem, poor menstrual hygiene is. Happy World Menstrual Hygiene Day 2020.
2. A woman must wait for her ovaries to die before she can get her rightful personality back. Post-menstrual is the same as pre-menstrual; I am once again what I was before the age of twelve: a female human being who knows that a month has thirty-days, not twenty-five, and who can spend every one of them free of the shackles of that defect of body and mind known as femininity.
3. I bleed twelve weeks a year, so I know a thing or two about bloodstains. Happy Menstrual Hygiene Day 2020.
4. Gradually, my whole concept of time changed until I thought of a month as having twenty-five days of humanness and five others when I might just as well have been an animal in a steel trap.
5. Poor menstrual hygiene is a problem as big as polio.
6. Menstrual blood is the only source of blood that is not automatically induced. Yet in modern society, this is the most hidden blood, the one so rarely spoken of and almost never seen, except privately by women.
7. Don't wait for a girl to become a woman to empower them. Empower a girl's life by giving sanitary pads to them. With pads, we give them wings.
8. Women complain about premenstrual syndrome, but I think of it as the only time of the month that I can be myself.
9. Menstrual blood is the only source of blood that is not automatically induced. Yet in modern society, this is the most hidden blood, the one so rarely spoken of and almost never seen, except privately by women.
10. While women shed the blood of life on each moon at mensuration, man can only shed the blood of death through warfare and killing.
11. Menstruation is not a problem, poor menstrual hygiene is. World Menstrual Hygiene Day.
12. When women take care of their health, they become their best friend.
If you enjoyed Menstrual Hygiene Day quotes then here are more such stories that you must read.
Menstrual Hygiene Tips: For bacteria, our warm blood is a favourable environment to grow. Therefore, you must keep your vagina and the area around it hygienic, especially during your monthly cycle. If you are on your period, you must follow some basic tips for menstrual hygiene to have a happy period.
Weird Facts About Period: Periods are a natural phenomenon and visit almost every woman once a month as soon as they hit puberty and till they hit menopause. But, did you know that there are some weird facts about periods that can blow your mind? Check them out here!
World Health Day: Healthcare across the world is not in a good shape today. In fact, it was crumbling all this while and the global pandemic revealed its actual state without any filter. This explains why the World Health Organisation has decided to raise the topic of a fairer, more equal world for World Health Day 2021.
Relatable Period Quotes: It’s hilarious how some people get uncomfortable the very moment someone mentions the word “period”. Well, the intention is to get rid of this uncomfortable state and these relatable period quotes do the same.
Period Texts for Girls: While menstruation is important, it is quite uncomfortable, painful and makes us go through different moods at once. While periods are important, it can still become a bearable experience if someone is there by our side to make us feel better. Here are a few messages every girl wants to receive from her boyfriend when she is on her period!
Forward these menstrual hygiene quotes to everyone around you and raise awareness about the subject. Happy World Menstrual Hygiene day folks!