It’s hard to put into words what the most special man in your life means to you. He would carry you on his shoulders as a kid and you’d feel safe and happy in his presence. As you grew up you’d be bombarded with dad jokes, forced to laugh at his terrible sense of humour! And now that you’re older, he’s still your one-man army, your protector against the world, your personal ATM machine and the wind beneath your wings. Father’s day is the sweetest day to shower your old man with love and affection and thank him for all that he has done and continues to do for you. For this occasion, we’re listing down some sweet father’s day quotes that you can use in your cards or messages to him.
Happy Father’s Day Quotes
When you are at a loss for words, rely on others to convey the emotion you want to express. These father's day quotes will really put him in a happy mood and feel great about parenthood.
Also Read: Father's Day Wishes
Happy Father’s Day Quotes For Dad
These happy father's day quotes are going to be with him for years to come. So, wish him on this special occasion by writing a letter to him and just reminding him of what an amazing dad he has been.
- "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me." - Jim Valvano
- "My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived, and let me watch him do it." - Clarence Budington Kelland
- “No music is so pleasant to my ears as that word―father.” - Lydia Maria Child
- "A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely.”- Emile Gaboriau
- "Some people don't believe in heroes, but they haven't met my dad." - Unknown
- “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, storytellers and singers of song.” - Unknown
- "No man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much." - Hedy Lamarr
- “My father didn’t do anything unusual. He only did what dads are supposed to do—be there.” - Max Lucado
- “She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father.” - Harper Lee
- “What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard by posterity.” —Jean Paul
Happy Father’s Day Quotes for Father-In-Law
Your father-in-law may not have been your birth giver but he is your dad nonetheless. He makes you feel comfortable in your new family and welcomed at home. Remind him of what he means to you through these father's day quotes for father-in-law.
- "Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that's why I call you dad, because you are so special to me." - Wade Boggs
- “Fathers just have a way of putting everything together.” —Erika Cosby
- “When you need real understanding, when you need someone to care, when you need someone to guide you … A father’s always there.” —Thomas J. Langley
- “A father doesn’t tell you that he loves you. He shows you.” —Dimitri the Stoneheart
Short Father’s Day Quotes
When you want to keep it precise, these short father's day quotes will come in handy. On his special day, these father's day quotes in English will really put him on cloud 9.
- "A girl’s first true love is her father." - Marisol Santiago
- "My dad's my best mate, and he always will be." - Cher Lloyd
- "A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father." - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- “My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do.” - Micheal Jordan
- “Every son quotes his father, in words and in deeds.” —Terri Guillemets
- “A father’s smile has been known to light up a child’s entire day.” —Susan Gale
- “Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing father.” —Unknown
Inspiring Father’s Day Quotes
Dad’s are our heroes. These father's day quotes from daughters and sons are really inspiring and motivational and are a great way of showing your gratitude to your first superhero. So, scroll down to find inspiring father's day quotes.
- “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” - Antoine François Prévost
- "I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection." - Sigmund Freud
- “There’s no shame in fear, my father told me, what matters is how we face it.” - George R.R. Martin
- “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.” - Unknown
- “My father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future.” —Liza Minnelli
- "It's only when you grow up and step back from him — or leave him for your own home — it's only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it." - Margret Truman
Super Funny Father’s Day Quotes
Now we’re listing down funny father's day quotes cause you know that with his sense of humour, he would appreciate these the most. These father's day quotes for dad will make him remember the happy times with you and send him into a fit of cackling laughter.
- “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.” —Tim Russert
- “Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything he knows.” - Al Unser
- “You gotta love dads. At my wedding, when I tripped on my wedding dress and fell flat on my face, Dad said, “Don’t worry, you’ll do better next time.” —Melanie White
- “A father is a banker provided by nature.” - Unknown
- “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” - Charles Wadworth
- “Dads are like chocolate chip cookies; they may have chips or be totally nutty, but they are sweet and make the world a better place, especially for their children.” - Hillary Lytle
Aren’t these Father's Day quotes English just great? Which ones are you sending to your dad?